New Year's Resolutions are a popular thing... and come in all shapes and sizes. But, how often do we take the time to think about resolutions as they apply to our spiritual life? In the next few days, I plan to take some time to reflect on the following questions and to use them to help me establish my resolutions for 2010. I encourage you to join me!
1) In what ways have I grown spiritually in the last year?
2) How have I seen the Lord actively conforming me further into the image of Christ?
3) In what ways has my faith been tested? How have those tests caused me to draw closer to Christ?
4) Where is my heart? Am I loving God and others more? What might I do in the New Year to better love God and those who are in my life?
5) Is there any area of unrepentant sin in my life? What might I do to put this sin off and put on the ways of the Lord?
6) Do my actions/behaviors put Christ on display as being my Lord, my treasure and my joy? If not, why? What needs to change?
7) Am I actively pursuing my relationship with Christ? Does my daily schedule reflect that? If not, how might I do that in the New Year?
8) Am I in a church where the Word of God is taught and where other believers are actively pursuing their spiritual growth and encouraging me to do the same? If not, what needs to change? If I am limited in my options (as many military gals might be) - then how might I supplement through other means (Bible studies, podcasts, etc)?
9) Am I actively seeking to "make disciples" (Matt. 28:19)? If not, how might I do so in 2010?
10) What are my spiritual goals for 2010?
My hope is that these questions will spur us on as we press onward toward the goal of the upward call of God. May He bless you abundantly in 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment