I don't know if you ever struggle with food the way I do... it's a love-hate relationship. The many textures, tastes, colors and flavors that food has to offer are really an amazing gift from God. And yet, all too often, I find myself taking
comfort in food - which is to put the created above the Creator.
- A little stressed - where's the chocolate??!!??
- A little bored - how about a snack?
- Life feeling out of control - nothing a PB&J can't cure.
Have you been there? Maybe it isn't food for you - maybe it's something else? The real question is - where do we seek satisfaction other than God? Maybe you prefer shopping? Escaping in a good book? Surfing the internet or connecting with friends on Facebook.
I'm starting a journey that I've started many times before... that journey is to seek my satisfaction in the Lord, rather than food.
Psalm 107:8-9 ~ Let them thank the Lord for His steadfast love, for His wondrous works to the children of man! For He satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul He fills with good things.
Do you want or need to join me on this journey? If so, let me know how I might be praying for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment