Friday, February 4, 2011

Spiritual Fitness tip du jour

Part of abiding in Christ is staying connected to Him through His Word...  but when you read your Bible each day - don't just breeze through the passage, with the end goal of "checking the box."  Instead, take time to look at the passage... ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and to help you understand what you are reading. 
Also, ask questions such as:
  • I wonder why they did that? 
  • How would that look in my life? 
  • Is there a command in this passage I need to follow?
  • Are there things in my life that I am doing or thinking that don't line up with what God's Word says?
  • What does this passage tell me about the character of God?
Some have found it helpful to journal as they read... capturing key thoughts and answers to the questions above.  God desires relationship with us - and this process helps us to interact with God through prayer. Seek the Lord with all your heart and you will find Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment