Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Iowa Treasures

Reposting – after an accidental delete! 

 

Search me, O God, and know my heart!
  Try me and know my thoughts!

                      (Psalm 139:23 ESV)


At least once a year I get back to my roots with a visit to Iowa.  You can take the girl out of Iowa, but you can't take the Iowa out of the girl.  There is something internal that just clicks when I'm back in the state of my birth and early days...  built in by God when He place me there so many years ago.

There's just something about going back to your roots, where you feel known in a way that doesn't always happen other places.  There is something comforting about seeing people and places that stay the same, even while they change. 


Our family farm is an example... none of the original buildings stand, and yet, as I stand and breathe deep, memories of hog barns and chickens running wild dance through my brain.  I know where the rhubarb patch use to be, and that the hay rolled in golden bunches sit where my grandparents house once stood.



 

 

 

 

 


What about you?  Is there a place where you most feel like you? 



View article...

No comments:

Post a Comment